Electric Echidna is an electrical engineering design and rapid prototyping business.
We are specialists in low-power and wireless but can design, create, enhance, program, test or manufacturer any electronics based product.
It has never been easier for an individual or small company to take an idea from proof-of-concept through to professional large-scale manufacture. We can target a price-point or achieve first-mover advantage not possible for traditional firms which are commonly cumbersome and tied up in past technologies with sunk research and development costs.
We have a growing portfolio of happy and repeat customers across a range of projects from machine-to-machine wireless embedded devices through to large-volume medical tablets.
Products & Services
We offer an end-to-end service from product proof-of-concept and feasibility through to large scale manufacture. Our flexible and responsive process allows our clients to pick and choose from our menu products and services as their idea and business evolves.
- Product feasibility reviews
- Electronic hardware design
- Base hardware platforms for sale or customisation
- Schematic capture and circuit implementation
- PCB design (including design-for-manufacture)
- Firmware design and implementation
- Software design and implementation e.g. webapps to interface with your product
- System testing and documentation
- Project management
- Component sourcing
- Rapid prototyping
- Product manufacture
Electric Echidna’s core team consists of two full-time design engineers and we have an agile network of trusted affiliates (including legal, sales and marketing). This allows us to scale-up and tackle projects of any size.
Our engineers have achieved honours degrees in Computer Engineering from Australia’s top university, The University of Melbourne. They also have business degrees and the highly sought after Chartered Financial Analyst designation. They are highly skilled in hardware engineering, firmware and software design, project management and business analysis.
All our staff are chosen for their belief in process, documentation, user-friendly communication and professionalism. They are friendly and responsive too!
- Battery-powered mobile internet sensing device (design, rapid-prototype, firmware, design-for-manufacture)
- Battery-powered cashless (NFC) mobile internet device (rapid-prototype, firmware)
- 3D printer electronics (commences Nov 2013) (design, rapid-prototype, design-for-manufacture)
- Raspberry PI based remote entry webapp in django (software, component sourcing)
- Raspberry PI EnOcean real-time gateway in nodejs (software)
- Sourcing for a tablet-based medical application (software,component sourcing)